Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A month...really...so soon???

I just checked my friends blog and decided to peek at my own as well. I cannot believe its been exactly a month since I last posted an entry. I'm so sorry to all of you that faithfully check in to see how Kyleigh is doing. We've been very busy lately, which is only a semi-acceptable excuse to have not posed. Even Kyleigh's 11 month birthday has passed without note. To explain my absence, we've sold our house (or at least we're in the process of selling our house). The whole transition from city to county has been quite stressful. Add in 6 months of pregnancy and a walking almost-one-year-old...I've been very tired! I'm happy to report that the sale of our house has been going smoothly thus far and we are scheduled to settle on October 14th. We've decided to rent a house for a year since we haven't found anything that we love in the area we want to live. The house we're renting is a 4 bedroom rancher. It's tiny by Parkton standards, but really its about the size of our house today. The bonus is that its in a great neighborhood, on a no-through street and sits on 1.5 acres of pretty level land. Is it strange that what I am most excited about right now is that I am going to be able to put pumpkins on my front porch and they won't disappear! Plus, I can really envision Kyleigh running around in the grass with all the fall leaves around her. I LOVE this time of year!!! As for the truly important one...Kyleigh is doing great! She "officially" began walking on September 4th and we haven't been able to stop her since. That afternoon, Rob and I were sitting in the living room and she had crawled into the kitchen. She stood up, which she could do easily, and then she started walking towards us and didn't stop till she had crossed the living room rug. We were both so shocked and were cheering her on the entire way. She loved every minute of it! I can't believe that she's turning one in just 9 days. Time has really flown. I'm so relieved that we've survived. I have faith that we can also survive the next one! I only hope she's as good a baby as Kyleigh has been. I promise...I'll post for her one-year birthday. We're not having a party, but will definitely let her eat her own cake! I'll be sure to have photos.

No comments: